Our first potluck of the year was tonight and it was amazing. The people were great and the food was to die for, well not to die for because them we couldn't eat it. Honestly though, the food was great. Everyone was given a healthy food recipe and they made it and we ate. Oh boy did we eat. The strange thing is, I ate soooo much, yes with four o's, but I didn't feel stuffed. You know how you feel after eating way WAY too much at Christmas or Thanksgiving and you feel nasty stuffed, I didn't feel that. I felt full and happy. I also felt light and airy and almost euphoric, if that's possible. The thing about eating healthy is that we all think it has to be hard work and that the food in the end will taste like cardboard or worse. Tonight we had roast vegetable lasgna, caribbean chicken, squash slaw and many many more. There were at least 15 dishes, if not more. I piled my plate so high (as did many others) and was pleasantly full at the end. All the recipes are easy and take no time at all. I am not a cook. I can admit I am lazy when it comes to cooking, and when I picked stuffed peppers with quinoa (which I had no idea what that was before this recipe), I thought man why did I ever pick this challenge. I couldn't believe how easy it was and the peppers turned out great.
You see it's never too late to be a cook and for those of us who don't cook, the recipes are easy and the instructions give you step by step. No one can possibly mess it up. Thank you to everyone who came out tonight, it was a wonderful night and we all ate well and had fun.
If you would like more info on the recipes used or our 40 Day Challenge check out our website http://www.academyhealthsite.com/
Our next event is our Surge Training Bootcamp.... all are welcome! We're gonna kick some butt!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment